"The only police who are accepted in these times"

    This is my second post, this time I will talk about the best concert I attended during the last months of last year. I only refer to "the last months of the year" because during that time I attended many musical events called "tocatas" which makes the list a bit long.

    On November 21, 2019, I attended the Interpol concert at the Caupolican Theatre in Santiago. I went with two friends and we really had a good time.

    Interpol is a band from New York, with a musical style called "post-punk revival": sounds similar to those of bands like Joy Division or The Cure years ago, but with a more modern sound.

    The concert was something wonderful, the atmosphere generated by the lights, the smoke, the small space and a big "disco" ball on the roof made everybody feel in a concert full of melancholy. 

    An anecdote that I remember very well, was the way in which an atmosphere of protest was maintained (for October 18) despite being in a concert. Sam Fogarino, the band's drummer, kept the same rhythm on the bass drum, while people started jumping around shouting "el que no salta es paco". It was a moment that left me with the feeling of being in the best concert ever.

    The next day, the local newspapers had slogans that said "the only police who are accepted in these times". 




Comentarios

  1. I've listened to some of the band's songs and they're really great, I had no idea that they had come to Santiago and that they did "el que no salta es paco" must have been simply amazing xD

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Omg, how nice that you had the oppotunity to lived their "el que no salta es paco". And it is kind of a irony to think that "the police" band is actually against the police. It is a great band, they've got some really good hits, one of my favorites is "roxanne". And the voice of the vocalist creates a really nice atmosphere and mood while you hear it.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

"Surprise, they're not sea spider"

"The flapping of a butterfly's wings can cause a hurricane in another part of the world"

"Hang the DJ"