"I've talked about this before"

    Hi! I think I've talked about this before, but it's something I really like to talk about. 

    What I want to continue studying later, in the future. I would like to study, later on, in the future, Cultural Studies. Specifically, Cultural Anthropology, because it's a subject I like very much in anthropology.

    The main reason is to be able to give more relevance to native peoples in Chilean society. Especially, the peoples that are not identified as such. Although cultural studies are very varied, I would like to be able to study them closely, to show that the original peoples (exterminated by the Chilean and Argentine state) in Patagonia have not disappeared. The identity of these peoples is very important to me. 

    Even though I should study this subject in Chile (obviously because I want to study the people of this territory), the State does not give it the importance it deserves, so it becomes a neglected topic. I would like to study it in Chile, but also to study it at the University of Barcelona or to study in Mexico, I still find it difficult to think about that, it is difficult. It would be a pleasure for me to study in person, both to be able to study at other universities, as well as in other places. 

    What I want to work on has to be done in person. I hate armchair anthropologists. It would be a pleasure for me to study in person, both to be able to study at other universities, as well as in other places. What I want to work on has to be done in person. I hate armchair anthropologists. 

    For people who do not know what "armchair anthropologists" are, they are those anthropologists who want to study other cultures only from the theoretical point of view and do not move from their comfort zone to study something that should only be studied in the field. Don't be a "whatever" armchair anthropologist.



LA ANTROPOLOGÍA CULTURAL: GENERALIDADES - VNIVERSITAS

Comentarios

  1. That's a really good point, if you're working with people the best is go with the people and move to know better.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with your opinion. It's impossible to do anthropology from a desk without looking around. I hope you can do that master!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

"Surprise, they're not sea spider"

"The flapping of a butterfly's wings can cause a hurricane in another part of the world"

"Hang the DJ"